Agreement of Construction in the Aerodrome Environs
Laws of Ukraine governing the use of airspace of Ukraine and the aerodrome environs, aimed at ensuring safety of aircrafts, are:
- Air Code of Ukraine № 3393-VI dated 19.05.2011;
- Aviation Requirements of Ukraine “On Aeronautical Information Service” approved by the order of the State Aviation Service № 582 dated 13.05.2019;
- Aviation Requirements of Ukraine “Technical Instructions and Administrative Procedures for Certification of Aerodromes” approved by the order of the State Aviation Service № 849 dated 06.11.2017;
- “Regulations On the Use of the Airspace of Ukraine” approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine № 954 dated 06.12.2017;
- Order of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine dated 30.11.2012 № 721 “On Approval of the Procedure for Agreeing of the Location and Height of Facilities in Aerodrome Environs and Facilities whose Operations May Affect the Safety of Aircrafts and the Operation of Civil Aviation Radio-Technical Aids” № 2147/22459 dated 24 12.2012 registered by the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine;
- other aviation requirements.
AERODROME ENVIRONS is a limited to regulated sizes area around the aerodrome registered in accordance with the established procedure, to which special requirements are set for the location of various objects, and their height is controlled considering the conditions of maneuvering, take-off and landing of aircrafts.
The aerodrome environs of the Boryspil International Airport State Enterprise (Boryspil IA SE) covers an area within a radius of 50 km from the Aerodrome Check Point (ACP).
Pursuant to Article 69 of the Air Code of Ukraine, a special procedure for activities that may affect the safety of aviation and create obstacles to the operation of ground communications, navigation and surveillance is introduced within the aerodrome environs. Such activities include:
- construction, blasting;
- activities that contribute to the accumulation of birds;
- location of electronic test equipment;
- works involving the use of laser equipment that can emit into the air;
- works related to the launch of missiles, meteorological radiosondes and pilot-balloons;
- activities related to aircraft flights, smoke and gas emissions that may impair visibility in the aerodrome environs;
- construction of high-voltage overhead lines, planting and growing trees or greenery.
Buildings and natural objects located on the aerodrome environs must not be a threat to aircraft flights.
Determining the conditions of construction, use of land and buildings and activities specified in part two of Article 69 of the Air Code of Ukraine on the aerodrome environs is carried out by local authorities in accordance with the Law in coordination with the aerodrome operator and the authorized body for civil aviation.
Enterprises, institutions and organizations committed to locating facilities on the aerodrome environs must agree such placement before the start of design work with the operator of Kyiv (Boryspil) aerodrome, relevant state bodies, local authorities and comply with the terms of construction approval.
The procedure for approving the location and height of objects on the aerodrome environs is carried out in accordance with the “On Approval of the Procedure for Agreeing of the Location and Height of Facilities in Aerodrome Environs and Facilities whose Operations May Affect the Safety of Aircrafts and the Operation of Civil Aviation Radio-Technical Aids”, approved by order Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine № 721 dated 30.11.2012.
Pursuant to this Procedure Boryspil IA SE at the request of the developer provides the Resolution of the aerodrome operator on the approval of the location and height of objects on the aerodrome environs and objects whose activities may affect flight safety and operation of civil aviation radio-technical aids with conditions that provide the required level of flight safety in the aerodrome area and within the aerodrome environs.
Approval of the location and height of facilities at aerodrome environs and facilities whose activities may affect flight safety and operation of civil aviation radio-technical aids is carried out by the State Aviation Service of Ukraine, taking into account the conclusion of the aerodrome operator and the conclusion of the air navigation service provider.
In special control zones (within the approach funnels), as well as within the zone of 15 km radius from the aerodrome check point, all objects, regardless of their height, are subject to approval.
Outside the obstacle clearance surface (at a distance of more than 15 km within a 50 km radius), objects with height of 45 m or more relative to the aerodrome height (H≥175.00 m in the BSV) are subject to approval.
Regardless of the location (within a 50 km radius from the ACP), the location and height of construction (reconstruction) objects are subject to approval:
- overhead telecommunication and power supply lines, explosive, radio, lighting (laser devices) and other objects (railways, highways, objects with emissions of open flames, gases, and smoke, the activities of which may lead to deterioration of visibility within the area of the aerodrome), which may pose a threat to air traffic safety or interfere with the operation of the aerodrome, communications, navigation and surveillance (radio equipment);
- objects of 100 or more meters height above the earth’s surface.
Open storage of food waste, landfills, construction or construction of facilities that contribute to the mass accumulation of birds and may pose a threat to air traffic is PROHIBITED at 15 km from the aerodrome boundaries.
In order to obtain the aerodrome operator’s Resolution on the facility construction (reconstruction) conditions the Applicant submits to the Director General of Boryspil International Airport an application (in Ukrainian), which should contain the following information:
- name (description) and construction address of the object, location (street, house number, city (village etc.), district, region);
- geographical coordinates (latitude, longitude) of the object in the coordinate system WGS-84;
- absolute height of the object in the Baltic Elevation System (BES-77);
- absolute height of construction cranes to be used in the construction of the facility in the Baltic Elevation System (BES-77);
- situational plan for the location of the object (M 1: 2000) with a dedicated building area;
- details for invoicing or drawing up a contract and registration of tax invoices;
- the applicant’s postal address for correspondence and contact telephone number, e-mail address.
If necessary, Boryspil International Airport reserves the right to request additional information from the customer.
The customer is responsible for the accuracy and reliability of the information provided
The application (request) for the provision of the aerodrome operator’s resolution is sent by mail to the address:
Boryspil IA SE
Boryspil – 7 Street, Hora village,
Boryspil district, Kyiv region,
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The provision of the aerodrome operator’s resolution is a fee-based service. Payment for the aerodrome operator’s resolution provision is made upon the invoice or the agreement for the payment of such services.
The time for consideration of materials and submission of the aerodrome operator’s resolution is 30 calendar days from the date of registration of the applicant’s written request.
The resolution is received personally after the full payment of services.
Safonov Konstantin Leonidovich
Head of Flight Safety Control and Air Navigation Support
+38 (044) 281-76-49