2019-nCoV Coronavirus to Prevent False Information in the Media
13 February 2020
What actions does the Airport take when handling the flights arriving from the countries with complicated epidemic situation?
- Personnel involved in the handling of the relevant flights are instructed on the procedures for detecting a person presenting with an infectious disease on board an aircraft and equipped with respiratory masks, rubber gloves and hand disinfectants.
- Special carpets, treated with a disinfectant solution are installed on the stairs. All passengers step on a special carpet before getting to the airport terminal.
- The airport reserved special aircraft parking spaces. In case of detecting a person with signs of infectious disease on board, an officer-on-duty of the sanitary-quarantine unit subordinated to the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, gives an instruction to tow the aircraft to the designated sanitary parking place.
- In different Ariport areas were located bins for used personal protective equipment: gauze facial masks, rubber gloves etc.
- Vehicles, used for handling the flights arriving from the countries with the complicated epidemiological situation are decontaminated with special disinfectant after operation.
- Airport medical service specialists are prepared to assist the officer-on-duty of the sanitary-quarantine unit in case of detection of people suffering from symptoms of the infection.
Notification on the requirements, restrictions, prohibitions, measures and the procedure for their compliance.
Notifications on the requirements, restrictions, prohibitions (including the countries where the disease is registered), measures and the procedure for their compliance are received from the Civil Aviation Authority and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine or other public authorities addressed the Chief Executive Officer of Boryspil International Airport.
What is the situation as of January 29, 2020?
Boryspil Airport operates on a regular basis and follows the instructions of the Civil Aviation Authorities of Ukraine, the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and is guided by the effective technological instructions.
As of January 29, 2020, there were 6,057 laboratory confirmed cases of 2019-nCoV coronavirus infection recorded worldwide, 132 of which were lethal. In addition to China, the disease has been reported in 15 countries. Earlier it was reported about four suspected coronavirus infection 2019-nCoV in Ukraine. All cases were not confirmed.
What security measures have been applied by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine to protect Ukrainians from coronavirus infection?
To prevent spreading of the 2019-nCoV virus in Ukraine, the following steps have been taken:
The order on formation of the operational headquarters to prevent the introduction and spread in the territory of Ukraine of cases caused by the new coronavirus and approval of the recommendations in terms of taking actions in detecting coronavirus infection was adopted https://bit.ly/2uGxL2m
Temperature screening of passengers on direct flights from China to Boryspil airport has begun. Rapid response teams and epidemiologists have been enhanced at sanitary-quarantine stations at Boryspil airport and changed over to round-the-clock operation. Ambulance crews are also on duty.
The guidance provided to physicians on how to act if 2019-nCoV case is detectedhttps://bit.ly/38J2lHf
Clarifications and recommendations provided by the MOH Laboratory Centres of Ukraine were also provided
It is recommended to refrain from traveling to Chinahttps://bit.ly/2vuyjcb
A package of materials has been prepared for the distribution of screening questionnaires on board aircraft.
The Ministry of Health of Ukraine emphasizes that there are no vaccines and specific medicines for coronavirus 2019-nCoV.
What does the Ministry of Health of Ukraine recommend to Ukrainian citizens who plan to travel to China or are currently in the country?
When planning a trip to the PRC or domestically, consider the risks associated with the spread of the virus, be vigilant and clarify the current epidemic situation in the region of the visit;
- Use only properly processed animal products and fish;
- Avoid contacting with animals, visiting meat markets, circuses, zoos, livestock farms, etc.
- Do not contact people with signs of respiratory disease;
- Use special masks to protect the respiratory system;
- Wash hands thoroughly with hygiene products, especially after visiting crowded places and before eating; use alcohol-based antiseptics;
- When symptoms similar to flu or SARS (unexpected worsening of the condition, fever, runny nose, cough, etc.), minimize contact with other people and seek immediate medical attention.
What is the position of the Embassy of Ukraine in the People’s Republic of China and Mongolia?
Due to the rapid spread of a new type of coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in China, the Embassy of Ukraine in the PRC recommends Ukrainian citizens to refrain from visiting China in the near future. The Embassy strongly advises Ukrainian citizens who are in China to leave this country if there is such an opportunity. The Embassy of Ukraine in the People’s Republic of China (PRC) constantly monitors the development of the epidemiological situation in China and maintains contacts with the relevant authorities of the PRC. All possible options are being worked out to assist citizens located in Hubei cities that are subject to quarantine restrictions.
We advise you to follow up-to-date information on the websites of the Embassy of Ukraine in the PRC and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine (https://mfa.gov.ua/), media reports and strictly follow the recommendations of the local authorities.
In case of emergency, please call the Embassy Hotline at +86 137 01230647 immediately.
In order to comply with the decision of the National Security and Defence Council of January 27 on the full registration of Ukrainian citizens, who are in the territory of China, please send the completed Questionnaire for Citizens of Ukraine living / residing in the PRC (2020-01-28-form.docx (.docx, 15.73 Kb)) to the Embassy’s e-mail address (e-mail: [email protected]) as this information is required to plan and provide assistance to Ukrainian citizens.
What are the recommendations of the State Civil Aviation Authorities of Ukraine?
The State Civil Aviation Authorities recommends that, in order to obtain prompt information on the disease of the new coronavirus 2019-nCoV, it is required to use the operational recommendations from the SIB No. 2020-02 from 27.01.2020 by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) by reference:https://ad.easa.europa.eu/ad/2020-02
Where to get official information about the coronavirus situation?
For reliable information, we recommend you to select only official sources of information: WHO and the coordination headquarters. Up-to-date information on 2019-nCoV Coronavirus worldwide, tips and preventative measures: